Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Woke up in middle of night and can't go back to sleep.  I am a littler concerned about tomorrow's hike.  We have 6 hours of hiking planned it sounds like there will be a lot of up and down.  I tend to walk fast and need to force myself to slow down and take it one step at a time.  We had some really steep climbs today that were down right tough and we are not even at altitude yet.  We will be tomorrow. I think we go up to about 12,300'. Air will be noticeably thinner there....

I appologize for the lack of pictures.  I thought I'd be taking pix with my ipad but it is too big to carry all day and once I stow it in the duffle bag, I don't have it till we stop for the day.  We spend two days at the next camp so maybe I can get some pictures taken and this thing recharged.  I'm down to 16% batter left.  Nick paid the $2.50 to get his iPhone charged.  They tend to nickle and dime ya here.  The shower cost $2.50 not $250 as my pervious typo indicated.  There is a shower hose thing in the bathroom which I assume is cold water.  There is no TP provided either but I took some napkins from the mess hall.


No comments:

Post a Comment